Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
Misterwoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I try to use my iPhone 12 Pro Max (Wifi/ Cellar) to proceed a audio chat but I cannot hear anything from the camera. I can receive sound from camera to my iPhone but it doesn’t work the other way round.
Best answers
  • Ddthuang
    Tutor
    Tutor

I changed microphone permission setting in my phone so Arlo app can record audio, and it seemed to solve the problem. Give it a try.

12 REPLIES 12
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you test the camera either via web or another phone to verify if it's the phone or camera ?

Tho iOS and new phones is prob the issue, also verify the permissions are on for mic

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Misterwoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have verified the permissions are on for mic and tried it on my macbook and ipad (cellular / wifi) as well, still did not work.

Misterwoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any one who can help? it has been a few weeks and i still cannot find any solution to solve this issue.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Misterwoo wrote:

Any one who can help? it has been a few weeks and i still cannot find any solution to solve this issue.

Do you have a headset you can try?  It'd be useful to rule out a mic issue in the phone.

NM-MAB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have no 2 way audio.  I have tried using this on iPad and android phone.  Neither work.    I have had a support ticket on this issue for 2 months now.   

I read how horrible their support was before I purchased.  Now I'm experiencing it first hand. 

MAB

Ddthuang
Tutor
Tutor
Hi there,
I am having the same problem with my S10. Anyone found a solution yet? Clearly is the camera because it happens to different phones.
Ddthuang
Tutor
Tutor

I changed microphone permission setting in my phone so Arlo app can record audio, and it seemed to solve the problem. Give it a try.

dicknelson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem and did try what you suggested but did not help. Tech support was not help either. Just got this on Monday and think I'll take it back and get the comparable Ring product. This does no good if we can't speak to whoever is at the door...

xLP22x
Initiate
Initiate
Is this still not working? I just got 3 arlo pro 4 and im upset 2 way audio isn't working
xLP22x
Initiate
Initiate
Did this ever get solved?
NM-MAB
Aspirant
Aspirant

No.   Several phone calls and emails to support go me no where.    Finally heard from them after I filed a complaint with the BBB.  Then they sent me a camera  that they "knew " had the audio working .  I connected it to my network.  STILL no 2 way audio. 

One thing I did notice,  and told them about,  is the siren that is available on the cameras is so faint its worthless.    Not sure if that plays into the issue or not.     

I have given up.   I'm still using them for now, but plan to go with another company once I have time to do further research.    

Kane-NZ
Initiate
Initiate
Your right, our siren used to be loud a year or so back when first go them, but now quiet and no sound out speaker when talking through microphone, I know it works as we have a inside camera which is the essential model not the pro4 and its much better and loud.
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation