Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

upgraded my internet speed to 600 mbps and since then my Arlo doesn’t work

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
AngChu2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently upgraded my internet speed to 600 mbps and since then my Arlo doesn’t work. Even though we have unplugged the line and reconnected it, internet light is back but I still cannot reconnect the devices and it always cannot find the devices , anyone know how to fix it?

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried rebooting your router? Did the router get replaced at the same time as the speed upgrade? Who owns the router?

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Clearly the issue is to do with your speed upgrade rather than Arlo. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AngChu2019 wrote:

I recently upgraded my internet speed to 600 mbps and since then my Arlo doesn’t work. Even though we have unplugged the line and reconnected it, internet light is back but I still cannot reconnect the devices and it always cannot find the devices , anyone know how to fix it?

If the router changed, then it would be useful to know the router model.

Some new routers now have support for 2.5 gbps ethernet on some ports - and those ports might not work with the 100 mbps ethernet used by the Arlo base.

AngChu2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven't changed my router, still the same router Netgear C3700V2 modem and router in one.  What I need to do, downgrade the speed and what model of the Arlo I have using?  Pro or Pro 2 

AngChu2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have reset the router, but the same case.  I own the router, it is Netgear C3700V2 modem and router in one.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the web client (https://my.arlo.com)?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AngChu2019 wrote:

I haven't changed my router, still the same router Netgear C3700V2 modem and router in one.  What I need to do, downgrade the speed and what model of the Arlo I have using?  Pro or Pro 2 

Not sure what the cause here is, but it isn't the 600 mbps speed.  My own internet connection is faster, and my Arlo systems work fine.

1. When you said the "internet light is back" were you talking about the base station LED(s)?
  2. When you say "cannot reconnect the devices" do you mean the cameras, or also the base station?
AngChu2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

1) I mean I reconnect the internet and the base station internet light has blinking signal now.

2) We have tried to remove the app in the mobile and tried to install the Arlo app again and add the devices.  But during the process of adding the cameras, cannot detect the camera to add it back, I don't know what's wrong.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AngChu2019 wrote:

2) We have tried to remove the app in the mobile and tried to install the Arlo app again and add the devices.  But during the process of adding the cameras, cannot detect the camera to add it back, I don't know what's wrong.

Is the base station still in the account?  If so, does it show an on-line status?

AngChu2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

the base station still show online and blinking in the middle button.  Hey Stephen, is it possible to video call ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AngChu2019 wrote:

Hey Stephen, is it possible to video call ?

I don't work for Arlo, and really can't provide direct support.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@AngChu2019 wrote:

1) I mean I reconnect the internet and the base station internet light has blinking signal now.

You should have 3 green LEDs showing - do you?

Removing the app does not remove the devices from your account so you can't add them back again. If you really want to try that, remove alll devices in Settings, My Devices and hold the hub reset button for >15 seconds, until the LEDs flash amber. Let it reboot to green power and Internet LEDs - the Camera LED may be off or amber. Claim the base and then sync the cameras.

BTW, you didn't answer my question about trying the web client to see if that worked differently.

AngChu2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. My 3 LEDs are on.

Removing the app does not remove the devices from your account so you can't add them back again. If you really want to try that, remove alll devices in Settings, My Devices and hold the hub reset button for >15 seconds, until the LEDs flash amber. Let it reboot to green power and Internet LEDs - the Camera LED may be off or amber. Claim the base and then sync the cameras.  (I HAVE TRIED ALL THESE BUT NOT SUCCESSFUL)

I don't understand what you mean by trying the web client? Can you explain?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AngChu2019 wrote:

Removing the app does not remove the devices from your account so you can't add them back again.

Correct.   Which means you can reinstall the app, use your same username/password, without needing to add the devices again.  Basically this gives you a clean installation of the app, which does sometimes fix issues.

@AngChu2019 wrote:

I don't understand what you mean by trying the web client? Can you explain?

Have you ever used the web client (browsing to my.arlo.com)?

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation