Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rbhurl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Floodlight was damaged due to storm.  Customer service rep says the camera is irreplacable under warranty due to 'Act of God' exclusion.  Camera is less than 3 months old.  I don't understand why the camera is not covered!  Only solution is to purchase a new one at our expense? Very unreasonable and unacceptable solution.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rbhurl,

Do you have a support ticket I can refer to for this?

JamesC

rbhurl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James C - thanks for the quick response!  Ticket #: 42170729.  Brian sent me the link to the warranty, as follows, then on the phone he said that a replacement camera can't be issued because the cause of damage isn't covered under warranty.  the second reason he gave is that the camera wasn't installed properly w/ the locking device and usage of Arlo-issued tools.  That is simply not true - the flood light device was installed to specifications.  To make that assertion is not appropriate and is unfounded.  And lastly, Mel is the customer service agent who initially responded to my ticket.  She requested more information and pics, which i sent her via ticket update on 12/28, and then she went dark - no response.  It took me a phone call follow-up today, on hold for 45 minutes, then an awaited call-back from Brian to even determine where this ticket stood.  Very frustrating. 

Here is Brian's response to my phone inquiry, where I don't see his 'Act of God' exclusion that he cited on during our earlier phone conversation today.  Thanks for any assistance you can provide, James.  It does not seem right that after barely 3 short months, I should have to pay for another flood light on a $1,276 order....

Rohini

Kindly refer to this Article for Arlo Warranty policy

Attached Article:
https://www.arlo.com/en-us/about/warranty/default.aspx

regards,

Brian
Arlo support

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation