Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

pro3 installation problems renaming camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
cpk111
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just opened my five Pro3 cameras to connect to VMB4540 SmartHub.  All 5 cameras are recognised on my device screens as their serial numbers clearly show in app.  However, the software forces me to select one at a time to RENAME.  Renaming crashes app on Android and times out on IOS and a desktop computer.  All devices have latest operating systems and firmware on SmartHub is updated to latest.  I have tried using Samsung phone, iPhone, iPad and desktop computer, so it is safe to say it's not related to any single platform.  As suggested, I have also distanced the SmartHub a couple of metres from my modem/router.  I need help, as these can't even be installed.  Thanks.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cpk111
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for all help.  All working now. Did a hard reset of base station (paper clip in little hole, held down for 10 seconds). Rebooted and now all cameras can be found and renamed. Cheers. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First try and reboot the base and test again ( power off / on )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cpk111,

Are you still experiencing an issue after rebooting as suggested above? Please let us know.

JamesC

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Just a thought, if the above does not work why not try to delete the cameras and then re-add them. Maybe worth a shot.

cpk111
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for all help.  All working now. Did a hard reset of base station (paper clip in little hole, held down for 10 seconds). Rebooted and now all cameras can be found and renamed. Cheers. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation