Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

motion detection settings won't save

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

I have two cameras arlo pro 3 and regular arlo. when I set the motion(people and animals) on  pro 3 then go to set on the reg arlo the arlo pro 3 settings disappear. What am I doing wrong?

12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try removing and re-installing the Arlo app? 

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

tried that it made no difference

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

I have two cameras arlo pro 3 and regular arlo. when I set the motion(people and animals) on  pro 3 then go to set on the reg arlo the arlo pro 3 settings disappear. What am I doing wrong?

I'm a bit confused on exactly what you are trying to save.  

Is it

1. the motion detection threshold?
  2. the smart notifications? 
  3. filtering of recordings in the library?

or perhaps something else?

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

filters of recording in library and setting the what to record! should I do this on my computer or my cell phone?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

setting the what to record! 

Arlo always records motion within the activity zone. You can tell the system not to notify you when a particular category (person, vehicle, etc) is detected, but you cannot tell it not to record. 

You can also set up a filter when browsing the library - selecting a specific camera, and/or a specific classification.  Then it will only show those recordings.

The smart notification settings are persistent, so once you set them, they remain in force until you change them.  You can set them up either in the app or using my.arlo.com.

The filters are persistent, so if you go into the library later (or from a different device), you will need to set them up again.  

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

ok I am beginning to think I am really an idiot, I set one camera to catch people, animals, etc then set the other camera to do the same but when I go back to the first camera the settings are gone. I am so frustrated with myself not understanding what I am doing wrong.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

I set one camera to catch people, animals, etc then set the other camera to do the same but when I go back to the first camera the settings are gone. 

Are you doing this on the smart notifications page?  Or somewhere else (for instance, the library page)?

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

I choose the device then click on filter and set people, animal. and hit done

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

I choose the device then click on filter and set people, animal. and hit done

Ok.  The "filter" is a search function.  It lets you choose a combination of things you want to see in the library.  For instance, all animal recordings from cameras x and y. Then the app shows you the recordings you are asking for. That can make it easier to narrow down all the recordings to find the ones you want.

This does not affect what notification you receive, and it does not affect what recordings are saved.

As you have found, the filter is not persistant (that is, not saved).

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

ok this is getting ridiculous. If I had not spent all this money on these cameras I would just give it up. It should not take a brain surgeon to figure this stuff out!  (evidently I have NO brain)  Someone PLEASE give me SIMPLE  step by step instructions how to set several cameras at once, to video people, animals,  etc.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

ok this is getting ridiculous. If I had not spent all this money on these cameras I would just give it up. It should not take a brain surgeon to figure this stuff out!  (evidently I have NO brain)  Someone PLEASE give me SIMPLE  step by step instructions how to set several cameras at once, to video people, animals,  etc.  

see

djskyhawk
Star
Star

You may have already done this, but it's easy to miss.  Be sure you tap the "save" in the upper right.  You may have to go back a screen to find the "save".

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation