Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

inserting batter arlo pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
heinaj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey, 
I was trying to set up my system last night. 
I was able to insert the battery in 3 out of my 4 cameras. 
My 4th one does not have the white button on the bottom, it's the one that is attached to the mounting bracket already. 
Is that correct or should I send it back?  If correct how do I open this so I can put a battery in? 

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@heinaj wrote:

My 4th one does not have the white button on the bottom, it's the one that is attached to the mounting bracket already. 
Is that correct or should I send it back?  

Was the system all in one box?  Or was there a separate box for one or more of the cameras?

Pro 3 cameras all have the white button.

If you somehow received an Arlo essential camera, then the battery isn't user-replacable, so you need to bring the camera inside to charge it.  It's a more basic camera than the Pro 3.  If that's not what you intended to buy, then you should exchange it with the seller.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this the security mount version? There's a "pin" tool supplied that's used to release the camera from the case/mount.

heinaj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe it is.  I will look for the pin thank you!

dough51
Star
Star

If you have the security mount version you will need the small Allen "key" tool which fits in the chrome fitting where the button typically is... BTW, if you do have this note it won't really secure your camera, just the back half of mount to base on wall (see my post regarding the Total Security Mount).

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation