Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

easiest way to set up the pro 3 in current system

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JoshBear
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

I current have the original Arlo system and have bought a pro 3 system to replace it.  Some of my cameras from the original are compatible.  What is the easiest way of incorporating the new base station and 4 new cameras into my existing system?

For example do I unpair all current cameras from the current base station.  Then add the new base station to my account and then repair all new and existing cameras?

Or

Do i add the new base station first before doing anything with the cameras? Then add the new cameras and then unpair old cameras from the old base station and then re-add?

Want this to be smooth 🙂

thanks

Josh

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JoshBear wrote:

I current have the original Arlo system and have bought a pro 3 system to replace it.  Some of my cameras from the original are compatible.  What is the easiest way of incorporating the new base station and 4 new cameras into my existing system?

FWIW, I suspect all your original cameras are compatible.

But you can just add the new base and then add the new cameras to it (leaving your old base alone).

Then if you do decide to move some or all of the old cameras, you can remove them from the account, and then add them again (selecting the new base).

To decommission any old cameras (or the base), just remove them from the account.

JoshBear
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.

Appreciated.  

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation