• 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JoSc
Aspirant
Aspirant

D55A4F60-F4DE-44B9-8DE4-59D5F149CC9F.png

Hi,

My camera wrongfully detects motion and does not generate recording. I get alerts in the night every minute but not one recording is stored. Any ideas how to fix?

80E15020-B8E3-4D76-B74A-685FC354A39D.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JoSc wrote:

My camera wrongfully detects motion and does not generate recording. I get alerts in the night every minute but not one recording is stored. Any ideas how to fix?

Have you tried rebooting the camera (remove/reinsert the battery) and the base (power-cycle it)?

Do you have local storage in your base?  If you do (or can install it), then it's possible that the recordings will show up there.

If you have activity zones enabled for the camera, then try removing them, and see if that results in recordings being stored.

JoSc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi StephenB

I’ve tried rebooting the camera and the base. Didn’t solve the problem.

Storage is in the cloud.

I’ve also changed / removed activity zones. Didn’t help either. There is no actual movement happening as far as I can tell (no wind, bugs, etc.)

Any other ideas?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you only have the one camera?  If you have more, then it might be useful to swap them around and see if the problem moves with the camera or stays with the location.

You could also try removing the camera from the account, and using the hardware reset method (holding down sync until the camera flashes amber).  Then add it back.

JoSc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi StephanB

I did as you proposed: Took the defect camera inside and placed another one outside:

- New outside camera works well

- The defect camera underwent a factory reset and was placed in the closet. I still get motion notifications (nothing moves in the closet) without a video.

Any other ideas? Thanks for your support!

JoSc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo Team

How can I get customer support? The issue is still unsolved. My Arlo Camera just detected a “person” and an “animal” in the closet.

You guys are great at sending bills on a monthly basis, incl. price increases. I’d appreciate you being just as great supporting your customers!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you have a subscription, use Settings, Support (Center) to choose you camera model. Scroll down to Contacts to start talking to official support.

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

I had a similar problem on my Ultra  and the conclusion from the Support, and I agree with them, was that the nighttime vision sensor (infrared) was faulty. No matter what sensitivity I'd set, it'd do the same: notifications every minute or more often, recording a video for a few seconds only. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation