Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
colin1892
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi i have just bought the arlo pro 3, i can stream locally when connected to my wifi in 2k, how can i view the motion clips stored in the cloud on the app in 2k, currently when i view it it does not seem to be in 2k, do i need to purchase an add on, if so where do i do that? I currently have the free 3 month trial that came with it, i currently have 3 cameras, one being an arlo pro 3 and the other two being arlo pro 2's, i am using the arlo pro 2 basestation, many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The vmb4000 supports local live streaming and local recording up to 2K for Arlo Pro 3. Cameras synced to the vmb4000 will save cloud content up to 1080p. Arlo Pro 3 needs to be synced to a vmb4540 or vmb5000 SmartHub for cloud recordings to be saved in 2K.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@colin1892 wrote:

i am using the arlo pro 2 basestation.

That could be the issue.  Some bases are limited to 1080p.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062253/Is-Arlo-Pro-3-backwards-compatible-with-my-existing-Arlo-system

colin1892
Apprentice
Apprentice

i have the vmb4000, this should be fine shouldn't it, is there an add-on to view clips on the app in 2k, as i say i can stream locally in 2k fine, thanks.

colin1892
Apprentice
Apprentice

this is also taken directly from the arlo pro 3 FAQ'S

Is 2k recording free?
Users of Arlo Pro 3 can enjoy 2k content without a subscription. You can use 2K by local live streaming or recording 2k motion content onto a USB device when inserted into an Arlo SmartHub. We recommend you purchase an add on service to store 2K, motion-activated clips to the Arlo Cloud for easy access anywhere your mobile app has a data connection.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The vmb4000 supports local live streaming and local recording up to 2K for Arlo Pro 3. Cameras synced to the vmb4000 will save cloud content up to 1080p. Arlo Pro 3 needs to be synced to a vmb4540 or vmb5000 SmartHub for cloud recordings to be saved in 2K.

JamesC

colin1892
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks James, it’s a shame they market it to say it will be compatible with my basestation, then when you buy it they don’t say you can get 2k clips in the cloud otherwise i wouldn’t of bought it, guess it will have to be returned then as a new basestation is about £150-£200
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation