Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 - Push notification issue with second camera, when using Schedule Mode, with Custom Mode

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ERocko
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an issue with getting push notifications from one of 2 cameras in a Custom Mode, when using it within the Scheduled Mode.  I have a total of 4 cameras, with a custom mode that has activation for only 2 of them, during high traffic times. 

When I set up the schedule, I only get push notifications from the initially added camera, not the added one. 

Otherwise, email notifications work, as well as manually setting the custom mode.

Has anyone else experienced this?  It's pretty frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ERocko
Aspirant
Aspirant
I ended up trying a few things, but not sure what fixed it. I deleted and recreated the activity zones, took them out and back into Smart Notifications, and pulled the battery out of the one camera with the issue. One of those things fixed it. Wish I could pinpoint which one, but I was trying anything I could think of, or find online. Good luck.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ERocko,

The custom mode you have created should behave the same way regardless of whether it's used in schedule or manually selected. Schedule only tells the mode to engage at a specific time, it doesn't change the behavior of the mode in any way. Are you sure push notifications are enabled correctly within the rules for the custom mode for that camera?

Does the default "Armed" mode also behave the same way?

JamesC

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have the same problem as you with custom mode also but I have the pro2 system but iam not using Scheduled Mode. I posted my problem in the Arlo pro2 section.

ERocko
Aspirant
Aspirant
I ended up trying a few things, but not sure what fixed it. I deleted and recreated the activity zones, took them out and back into Smart Notifications, and pulled the battery out of the one camera with the issue. One of those things fixed it. Wish I could pinpoint which one, but I was trying anything I could think of, or find online. Good luck.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation