• 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ZWick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

Arlo Pro 3 and Smart hub owner.

Does anyone have any insight as to how the app feels without a subscription to the cloud? I understand we get motion alerts.

Is it purely 'motion detected with a thumbnail' or just motion detected and then when you tap on it takes you to live mode?

Can I view my 'feed' on 4g/5g?

What else can I do/not.

Once port forwarding glitch has been fixed for iOS users I can view and download videos later yes? But what's the difference between the feed playback and port forwarding??

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ZWick wrote:

Does anyone have any insight as to how the app feels without a subscription to the cloud?

What else can I do/not.

This summarizes the features you get w/o a subscription.

Basically you lose smart notifications, activity zones, and cloud storage.

Restrictions on local storage:

• Recordings can be seen in the app, but not the browser
  • Recordings can be seen from the primary account, but not friend accounts
  • No ability to make manual recordings or take snapshots
  • No thumbnails, so videos need to be downloaded to the phone before you can see anything
  • Viewing the recordings requires a few extra steps compared with "Feed". (select devices, then the base, then storage settings to see them).
  • Remote access requires router setting changes that many find difficult, and which don't work with some internet service providers.

@ZWick wrote:

Once port forwarding glitch has been fixed for iOS users I can view and download videos later yes? 

Yes.

@ZWick wrote:

what's the difference between the feed playback and port forwarding??

Not sure what you are asking here, but I think I might have covered it above.  If not, please follow up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ZWick wrote:

Does anyone have any insight as to how the app feels without a subscription to the cloud?

What else can I do/not.

This summarizes the features you get w/o a subscription.

Basically you lose smart notifications, activity zones, and cloud storage.

Restrictions on local storage:

• Recordings can be seen in the app, but not the browser
  • Recordings can be seen from the primary account, but not friend accounts
  • No ability to make manual recordings or take snapshots
  • No thumbnails, so videos need to be downloaded to the phone before you can see anything
  • Viewing the recordings requires a few extra steps compared with "Feed". (select devices, then the base, then storage settings to see them).
  • Remote access requires router setting changes that many find difficult, and which don't work with some internet service providers.

@ZWick wrote:

Once port forwarding glitch has been fixed for iOS users I can view and download videos later yes? 

Yes.

@ZWick wrote:

what's the difference between the feed playback and port forwarding??

Not sure what you are asking here, but I think I might have covered it above.  If not, please follow up.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation