Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wireless Pro 3 keeps clicking when turned off

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TrantP13
Tutor
Tutor
I have an extra Pro 3 that is turned off and stored in a drawer. For some reason it clicks on and off about every 5 minutes. I’ve noticed it does this when I open the Arlo app but it also just does it (seemingly) randomly throughout the day. Any thoughts or advice on this?
6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TrantP13 wrote:
I have an extra Pro 3 that is turned off and stored in a drawer. For some reason it clicks on and off about every 5 minutes. I’ve noticed it does this when I open the Arlo app but it also just does it (seemingly) randomly throughout the day. Any thoughts or advice on this?

I suggest removing the battery.

Clicking might be the nightvision IR filter engaging/disengaging (especially if you are hearing this when you open and shut the drawer).

TrantP13
Tutor
Tutor
That’s the weird thing, I put it in the drawer because I figured that was exactly the issue. We don’t open or close the drawer and it still makes this clicking noise, not sure what’s going on. If there isn’t an alternative solution I will just plan on removing the battery!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TrantP13 wrote:
 If there isn’t an alternative solution I will just plan on removing the battery!

You could try putting the camera in a cloth bag (or wrapping something opaque over the camera face), and then putting it in the drawer.

toevans
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo Pro 3 is off in my living room and also makes a clicking sound every time I open the app. I’ve reset the battery and base and it still does it. My Pro’s and Pro 2’s do not do this, so it’s a Pro 3 issue.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is normal behavior. The "click" that you're hearing is the IR filter engaging on the camera.

JamesC

toevans
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why is it doing this when the camera is off and only when I open the app itself? Is that Infrared filter you are talking about? Makes no sense.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation