Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to add a 4th camera to existing plan (Arlo Pro 3 cameras w/ premier plan)

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
wirefox763
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently added a 4th camera to my property, and after the trial period ended for this camera, I have been unable to add it to my Premier Service plan. My understanding is that under "Manage Cameras", I should be able to drag this new camera from "No Plan" up into a slot under the plan (Arlo Smart Premier Single Camera)  displaying the other 3 cameras. However, it does not want to stay inserted and be added to the plan.

What is the reason for this, and how else can it be added to my plan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wirefox763 wrote:

The subscription plan is displayed as "Arlo Smart Premier - Single Camera (3)" for the three existing cameras. (One plan listed, displaying 3 cameras underneath.)

Ok.  It looks like you have 3 single camera plans, instead of one multicamera plan.

One option is to get a single camera secure license for the 4th camera.  The other is to cancel the thre single camera plans, and replace them with a single Arlo Secure multicamera subscription.  Which is cheaper depends on what you are paying now for Smart Premier.  Costs for Arlo secure are here: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it still listed under the trial?  If it is, then you'd either need to wait for the trial to expire, or you'd need to cancel it.  (Cameras can be moved from the "no plan" list to a subscription list, but not directly out of the trial subscription).

Also, if you are using the app, you might try using my.arlo.com for this instead.

wirefox763
Aspirant
Aspirant

This camera has gone beyond the trial period and is now listed under "No Plan".

I have tried to drag and move it using both the app and my.arlo.com on my PC, without success.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have 4 single camera plans?

wirefox763
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, the first three cameras were all purchased at the same time and are under the same plan.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat plan(s) do you have?

wirefox763
Aspirant
Aspirant

The subscription plan is displayed as "Arlo Smart Premier - Single Camera (3)" for the three existing cameras. (One plan listed, displaying 3 cameras underneath.)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wirefox763 wrote:

Ok.  It looks like you have 3 single camera plans, instead of one multicamera plan.

One option is to get a single camera secure license for the 4th camera.  The other is to cancel the thre single camera plans, and replace them with a single Arlo Secure multicamera subscription.  Which is cheaper depends on what you are paying now for Smart Premier.  Costs for Arlo secure are here: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

wirefox763
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thankyou for identifying the three separate plans. Not sure how that happened, as they were subscribed together.

I have upgraded to the new Secure Multicamera plan, and it pulled in the 4th camera automatically. Price is basically the same as I was paying.

Problem solved.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation