Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Quality

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NickolasB
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I've invested in my Pro 3 cameras to provide some security for my business. I have given in to purchasing the subscription and so have all of my cameras hardwired to power. I had a situation recently where I needed to zoom in just slightly in order to read a license plate that was facing my Floodlight camera as well as a Pro 3 camera. The vehicle was maybe 15-20 feet away. And I was super frustrated to find that I couldn't zoom in to read the license plate. Everything pixelated out at the slightest zoom. I've played with my other cameras and they all do this. Not even close to high def. let alone twice high def. When I went on to Arlo's site I saw that the Pro 3 can operate in several modes but I don't seem to have any means of selecting or even seeing which mode my cameras are in. Granted, I have the setting that I can select for best battery life vs. best video quality (which is what all are set at since I'm hardwired to power), but outside of this, I see no other options. 

Not to mention my alerts/notifications are so quiet that I can't hardly expect to be awoken if I happen to be sleeping.. super frustrating. C'mon Arlo, you're better than this. 

If anyone can lead me to some HD quality, I'd be grateful!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You normally need around 45 pixels per foot to read a license plate, and some recommend more.  It's not a slam-dunk by any means (with any camera), there are some considerations here: https://arecontvision.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033634674-Considerations-for-Licence-Plate-Ca...

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation