Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Usmaak
Star
Star

Is there any way to improve the sound quality on these cameras?  Someone could walk by my cameras talking really loudly about 10 feet away and I can barely hear it.  My Ring Pro doorbell picks up the sound.  Unless I'm missing a setting or something, the sound on these things is beyond terrible.

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

I came to Arlo from ring and are happy. But I did notice a big difference in sound recording. Ring could pick it up much clearer a and farther away I hope they fix it in firmware. Otherwise Arlo is big improvement over Ring. 

Usmaak
Star
Star

My only experience with Ring is the doorbell.  I've never had a Ring camera.  I agree, however, that the image quality is much better than my doorbell.  I just wish that these cameras didn't have so many quirks.  I have two Pro 3 cameras.  One has a much better picture than the other.  A couple of times a week, the camera will just stop detecting motion until it's restarted.  And once or twice a week, the base starts flashing orange and it reboots.  Lots of little issues.  But yes, the picture is so much better.  I just wish that it did a better job of hearing sounds.  The other day there were two shady looking people outside of my house for 2 or 3 minutes, pointing at my house and talking.  I couldn't hear a thing that they said.  About the only sounds it picks up are the sound of wind blowing against the camera.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation