Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
GunLok
Follower
Follower

I am upgrading my Arlo Pro system to Arlo Pro 2 and I am debating which base station to keep for future upgrade.

From the article, the older base station VWB4000 supports streaming for Arlo Pro 3 in 2K but the newer base station VWB4500 that comes with Arlo Pro 2 does not.  I want to make sure that is indeed correct before keeping the old base in case I will add Pro 3 camera in the future.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

The Arlo base stations with siren are compatible with Arlo Pro 3, Pro 2, Pro, Wire-Free, and Arlo Audio Doorbell.

VMB4000

• Stream in 2K when paired with Pro 3
  • Store recordings locally with a USB device
  • Features integrated Smart Siren

VMB4500

• Stream in 1080p when paired with Pro 3
  • Store recordings locally with a USB device
  • Features integrated Smart Siren
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GunLok,

This is correct, at this time, VMB4000 allows for 2K streaming with a Pro 3, VMB4500 does not.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GunLok,

This is correct, at this time, VMB4000 allows for 2K streaming with a Pro 3, VMB4500 does not.

JamesC

phildoc
Star
Star
I just bought a pro3 and have a 4 camera pro system. I have tried 2 pro 3s from Amazon and neither will record videos using a vwb4000r3 base station. It will detect motion but no video for both cameras.
phildoc
Star
Star
Just for completeness I contacted arlo support for both and they couldn’t solve the problem
BansheeRider
Apprentice
Apprentice
I heard with the new setups you need a paid subscription to view video in the cloud. They no longer have the free 7 day cloud storage.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation