Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification by Nov 30th, 2020 to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

VWB4000 vs VWB4500 for Pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Highlighted
Follower
Follower

I am upgrading my Arlo Pro system to Arlo Pro 2 and I am debating which base station to keep for future upgrade.

From the article, the older base station VWB4000 supports streaming for Arlo Pro 3 in 2K but the newer base station VWB4500 that comes with Arlo Pro 2 does not.  I want to make sure that is indeed correct before keeping the old base in case I will add Pro 3 camera in the future.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

The Arlo base stations with siren are compatible with Arlo Pro 3, Pro 2, Pro, Wire-Free, and Arlo Audio Doorbell.

VMB4000

• Stream in 2K when paired with Pro 3
  • Store recordings locally with a USB device
  • Features integrated Smart Siren

VMB4500

• Stream in 1080p when paired with Pro 3
  • Store recordings locally with a USB device
  • Features integrated Smart Siren

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

GunLok,

This is correct, at this time, VMB4000 allows for 2K streaming with a Pro 3, VMB4500 does not.

JamesC

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

GunLok,

This is correct, at this time, VMB4000 allows for 2K streaming with a Pro 3, VMB4500 does not.

JamesC

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Star
Star
I just bought a pro3 and have a 4 camera pro system. I have tried 2 pro 3s from Amazon and neither will record videos using a vwb4000r3 base station. It will detect motion but no video for both cameras.
Highlighted
Star
Star
Just for completeness I contacted arlo support for both and they couldn’t solve the problem
Highlighted
Apprentice
Apprentice
I heard with the new setups you need a paid subscription to view video in the cloud. They no longer have the free 7 day cloud storage.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation