Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 42 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
alachew_77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi all,

I need Help! My Pro 3 smart hub suddenly can’t connect to internet and keep blinking amber light. I check on my router that the smart hub already connected with a IP address and I can Ping it. I have try restart and rest the smart hub , restart my router. Still doesn’t Help. Change the SmartHub IP address and make as reserved still not working. Any idea or solution please?
42 REPLIES 42
Nickjazz
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James

Last video record feed stop at 30th April, obviously this is firmware related issue.

alachew_77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here my last record 29 April20.
YKM2
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo cameras have been idle there with the same problem for 3 weeks already. No solution have found in this forum and no help from the company either. Very frustrating. Today, finally received email from Arlo for my case, asking lots of questions and suggestions that have been repeatedly mentioned here. I replied with long story. Guessed what? I got this message after that;

Sorry, but the requested page is unavailable due to a server issue. Our engineers are working on it, please check back later.

Arlo is having their own problem to solve? Hay....

Skgs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have been having the same problem too. Initially Arlo support had sent me an email, wanting me to do an exchange, but within 5 mins there was another email... that stated:

"...the team did checked the problem again and they found out that this was really an ongoing issue in our end and they said that the engineering team is currently fixing it...."

Reading from this I would understand that they accepted it is on their end. Now it will be : How long are they going to take to resolve it?

Goosefudge
Guide
Guide

Just walked past my base station and ...... no more flashing AMBER light, a Blue solid light showing !!

Not had time to try and continue the install, but will report back here later.

KLui
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wow! Did you change any router settings? I just checked. Mine still flashing amber ...
alachew_77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here still amber blinking
Goosefudge
Guide
Guide

sorry to get your hopes up .... back to the flashing amber again now.

After noticing that it had turned blue yesterday, ( I took no action to make this happen - no setting changes anywhere) I then tried to connect from the Arlo app but it couldn't connect.  All the same symptoms and behaviour as before.  I then powered the base station on and off, an that's when the persistent flashing amber light returned. 

Nickjazz
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all,

out of curiousty, I hook out my Huawei 4G (M1) router to my home router Wan port. The base station remain amber appx 30sec and turn to blue. And the camera resume working condition! I believe that issues lie with StarHub.

alachew_77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, it’s already confirm that Arlo and StarHub is having a separation!!!!
Great that you have a 4G router!
It’s has been 3rd weeks without any update!! Thieves is everywhere Help Arlo I need you to catch thieves!!
If the firmware has issue, I was thinking how are they going to solve it without our base station connected to their cloud??? Joke of the year that Arlo having issue connecting to cloud with specific ISP!!!! What a Joke!!! And yet it’s a branded IP camera!!
Nickjazz
Tutor
Tutor

Decided to change my isp since my contract ending in June. I used to communicate with StarHub tech internally in my previous job, a lot of taichi emails flying.

Since this is Low priority issue, I dun think StarHub would be bother to rectify this.

I would suggest either you guys sought for refund or change your isp if yr contract expire soon.

Cheer up

KLui
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi!

Thanks for the update. Yep I was already thinking of changing ISP before this issue occurred. But my contract isn't up yet. Do you mind sharing with us if the problem is solved after changing ISP? Thank you!
KLui
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi guys,

Wondering any updates on your side? The local retailer tells me they're working on pulling the Arlo Ultra software to see the difference between Ultra and Pro. Seems Ultra is working fine. I'm thinking of asking to exchange my Pro for Ultra if no solution for the Starhub problem.
jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Some good news. I've just got an update from Kaira Tech and apparently they've got a new firmware and tested working. They're working on rolling it out now. Not sure how but I'll update with details if I know.
KLui
Aspirant
Aspirant

Promising update!

The local retailer (Kaira Tech i think) has promised me a full exchange of my set (base station plus cameras). 

He will manually update the firmware on the new base station.

Let's hope this works, I will go to their office to do the exchange next week.  

jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
I finally managed to get it working again, on the firmware 1.16.2.1, just released. If you can get it connected and wait for the new firmware to push through, it should start working again.
Nickjazz
Tutor
Tutor
Hi all,

Updated.
Yesterday, I have done the hard reset and connected the base station to M1 router, redo the entire setup flow, updates the firmware and reconnect the cameras. Then connect to the orbi router (Starhub isp) for few minutes, the base will blink Amber for appx 30sec to 1 minute before turn into full blue. It is working again!
KLui
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, my new exchanged set is working good too! The new base station was manually updated by Kaira Tech staff. 

Hope no more further issues from now on. Happy using Arlo! 

Discussion stats
  • 42 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation