Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dhruvesh
Initiate
Initiate

First of all, with this Pro 3 hub, I felt as if I was cheated as NO CLOUD with PRO 3 was not clearly communicated and return window was covered with free trial. That's not important for this discussion though.

I decided to setup Direct Storage Access in lieu of Cloud support. I have set it up and it is working fine. But very frequently, I will have video stored on USB disk but I will not be able to see it from my mobile app (even after being on the same network). I can see it in the list but when I try to play it I see a blank grey screen. If I eject the USB drive and play it on a computer, it plays fine. This issue makes Arlo camera completely un-usable for me. Is anyone else having the same issue? Do you know any solution for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dhruvesh
Initiate
Initiate
Reinstalling the app seems to be working. Let’s how often I am forced to reinstall.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eppy
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem. Would like Arlo to provide a solution. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app? What phone and OS?

dhruvesh
Initiate
Initiate
Reinstalling the app seems to be working. Let’s how often I am forced to reinstall.
Eppy
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the suggestion. Seems to work now, but for how long?

i spent a lot of money on my Arlo 3 cameras and I am very disappointed at the loss of functionality when you do not use the subscription cloud services. 

For example, it appears that you have to be connected to your home network to access your locally stored videos, of which I get hundreds everyday.

Why sell somebody an expensive security camera when you can sell them an expensive security camera and then make them pay an extra monthly subscription to just make them fully functional. I will probably have to spend that additional A$15 per month but I would certainly not recommend Arlo to anybody. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation