Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to view locally stored recordings with iPhone app

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Hansy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unable to view locally stored videos through app. Rebooted and still did not help
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you reinstall the app? Have you checked the local storage settings for base/hub to see if the available space is going down? How about safely ejecting the drive and viewing on a computer?

Hansy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes tried rebooting - no I don’t want to eject and check on my computer- it should work through the app
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Hansy wrote:
Yes tried rebooting - no I don’t want to eject and check on my computer- it should work through the app

I think @jguerdat meant just trying to eject and viewing in the computer to check if local recording is working at all.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dcfox1 wrote:

@Hansy wrote:

I think @jguerdat meant just trying to eject and viewing in the computer to check if local recording is working at all.

Yeah.  And it also lets you see if the USB storage has failed or not.  I also suggest trying this - and while you are at it, see if you can copy a file to the USB storage.

If Windows offers to "repair" the USB file system, then let it do that.  That could be the problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hansy wrote:

I didn't ask about rebooting since you already had said you had done that. I asked about reinstalling the app.

Hansy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes - I removed the usb safely and was able to view on my computer just fine. I would like to view via my app though as it saves me time
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hansy wrote:
Yes - I removed the usb safely and was able to view on my computer just fine. I would like to view via my app though as it saves me time

Some of your posts have the VMB4500, others have VMB4540...

That can only be done with the smarthubs (VMB4540 and VMB5000).  Not the VMB4500.

If you have a VMB4540, have you enabled direct access to local storage in the base settings?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation