Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to authorize electronic payment

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Clintc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying to pay for my subscription for over two weeks.  Whenever I click agree to confirm payment I get an error, "unable to authorize electronic payment".  I have also noticed that arlo has removed their customer service contact number.  This is very frustrating, searching for help and finding out the company has removed their contact number and will not give customers any feedback with what is going on.  I have really enjoyed my cameras until now but if I can't view my notifications, my cameras are pretty much useless.  Please help or I will have to spend my money with a more reliable company. 

Clint

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Clintc,

Check to make sure all of your information is being entered correctly. If you're using an auto-fill feature, try manually entering instead and see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Clintc
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, I have read posts of customers complaining about this issue since 2019.  I do not use auto-fill, I have tried different cards and all the other methods your support team has recommended to other customers. I would appreciate some honesty instead of this useless recycled information that you know will not fix my problem. Arlo has removed their contact number from their web site and for the past 3 years the support team has been giving out deceptive help information. All I'm trying do is pay arlo so I can view my notifications. It really feels like arlo is unconcerned with helping their customers  who believed in their company and took a chance and purchased their products. Please, let your customers know something truthful.

Very disappointed,

Clint.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Clintc,

I've opened and escalated a ticket on your concern with the care team. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

JamesC

Orlandoney
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same is happening to me
But unless i pay some " firewall " protection my camara will work just fine..but i refuse to pay so tey mess my camara
LO MISMO me pasa a mi alguien me pide 125 dolares por "fire wall "protection y como no pague se enojaron e hicieron mal funcionar mi camara
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Orlandoney wrote:
But unless i pay some " firewall " protection my camera will work just fine

You are NOT talking to Arlo.  "Arlo support agents will never ask you for payments, credit card numbers, or bank information for support services."

https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

Googling for Arlo support often leads you to a scam "support site".

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation