Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

USB rejected

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jeff123456789
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I have a VMB4540 with a subscription for one camera and use the USB to record the others. I’ve purchased three brand new USB to ensure the USB isn’t the issue and it clearly isn’t. The system records on the USB for 10mins or a few days and then doesn’t recognize the USB anymore. I unplug it, plug it in again and it’ll work for minutes, hours or days but always fails. I’ve wasted countless hours resetting all camera, base station everything suggested online with no success. I need to figure this out or dispose of this system and get something that is stable. I assume it is out of warranty. Any help would be awesome.
3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
What type of USB storage device you using, USB stick. hard drive, ssd. What size?

Thinking of the power requirements for the USB maybe exceeding the base station capacity.

I recall the size needs to be 16GB minimum and no larger than 2TB.

FAT32 is the format ideally used, although was it formatted on a PC platform rather than with the arlo app?

How are you switching between arlo cloud storage and local storage?
Jeff123456789
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much for the response. I have a 16GB, 128GB Sandisk and an amazon 2 TB all USB sticks. I tried an external hard drive as well. I formatted them all in the arlo base via my laptop. I think i tried the app at one point too. 

I get a message "Insert a USB Flash Drive into your New Base Station to start storing recorded clips locally." after it is working perfectly for 10mins or so. 

I toggle from cloud to local in the library on the laptop or app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation