Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

USB library not accessible

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bettiw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Free subscription ended, no end of problems, base station won't connect to internet and now USB library not visible on phone. also can you confirm whether you can have the set up set so friend can view USB library. Thank you for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Need more details. What size drive (has to be a minimum of 16GB)? How do you know the base isn't connecting? What do you see? What have you tried?

Bettiw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I have a 2TB hard drive. I can see the USB drive in the app and switch between cloud and USB but the videos do not show in the library. Also do you know whether it would eventually be possible for friend to see library on USB. Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What do you mean by the videos not showing in the library - they're simply not there when selecting the local storage or that there's no thumbnail? The latter is always true until you download each one but the former is certainly an issue. One thing to try is to use a thumb drive for testing to see if that makes a difference.

I have no experience with a shared account accessing local recordings but based on posts here it appears that anyone with access having been granted cannot view local recordings.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation