Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Turn off spotlight

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PS22
Tutor
Tutor

Is there anyway to keep a Pro 3 (firmware 1.060.12.2_6..., Hardware H9) spotlight from going on during motion detection?   I do not want the spotlight to go on at all.  I have gone to Device Settings>Video Settings>Low Light Settings and have turned the Spotlight off.  However, it goes on when there is motion detected in a nighttime environment - I cannot get it to stay off.  This Pro 3 is the model without the LED wings - the spotlight is built into the camera case.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PS22 wrote:

I have gone to Device Settings>Video Settings>Low Light Settings and have turned the Spotlight off.  However, it goes on when there is motion detected in a nighttime environment - I cannot get it to stay off. 

Turning the spotlight off there should do it.  You could try removing the battery and reinserting it (rebooting the camera) and see if that results in it behaving properly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PS22 wrote:

I have gone to Device Settings>Video Settings>Low Light Settings and have turned the Spotlight off.  However, it goes on when there is motion detected in a nighttime environment - I cannot get it to stay off. 

Turning the spotlight off there should do it.  You could try removing the battery and reinserting it (rebooting the camera) and see if that results in it behaving properly.

PS22
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks.  The reboot (opened the camera, removed battery, replaced battery, reassembled the camera) seems to have worked.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation