Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
YNR
Aspirant
Aspirant

My 3 month trial is completed now I am getting error saying To Enable Activity Zones, Please connect your device to AC Power when I try to edit the Activity Zone.

Please help me to create new Activity Zone... I am getting alert for every movement on the road because of this battery is draining off with 7-8 days.

Bought this in Costco 4 months back, Will they take return now???

9 REPLIES 9
dcfox1
Master
Master

@YNR wrote:

My 3 month trial is completed now I am getting error saying To Enable Activity Zones, Please connect your device to AC Power when I try to edit the Activity Zone.

Please help me to create new Activity Zone... I am getting alert for every movement on the road because of this battery is draining off with 7-8 days.

Bought this in Costco 4 months back, Will they take return now???

Since your 3 month trial ran out you need the camera on AC power for Activity zones. With a Subscription you can run it on battery for the zones and cloud recording. 

YNR
Aspirant
Aspirant

so activity zones will not work without subscription.??

dcfox1
Master
Master

They will as I said but they have to be on Ac power. Costco may have them or in the Arlo Accessory store. Just make sure it is for the Pro3, not the older models. 

YNR
Aspirant
Aspirant

To enable activity zones the app says you have to be connected to AC. The cameras use batteries. Bottom line, without a subscription, the cameras are worthless.

YNR
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I can pull the power cable to camera why I need spend $350 on these cameras.. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

That's up to you. I was just telling you the options you have. 

YNR
Aspirant
Aspirant

For wire free cameras we need to have wired power to have activity zones... wowww Arlo, such a stupid design you guys have

dcfox1
Master
Master

FWIW I don't work for Arlo. This is a User forum. 

YNR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not saying anything to you.. I really appreciate your help

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation