Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@JamesC 

I have a question about the subscription. I had my 3 month free trial subscription which expired on June 22nd. About three weeks ago I started getting notices to subscribe. I thought if I did this that it would actually start after the trial. Well I went ahead and subscribed on June the 7th or 8th. My trial expired yesterday the 22nd but it say's I'll be charged again on July 7th, this info never showed up until today the 23rd one day after my trial.

My question is why did I loose part of my free trial subscription? Alro is the one that started trying to get me to subscribe early. Where is it stated that if you subscribe early that you will loose the remainder of the free trial? I honestly think this needs to be addressed.

Maybe if nothing else someone will see this and wait to subscribe until the free trial is over. This on top of all the performance issues is really inexcusable.  JMHO

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

K80Shooter,

Subscriptions start at the time they are purchased. You can have subscription plans in addition to trial plans active on the same account. To maximize the trial plan, it's best to allow it to expire before purchasing a new plan.

JamesC

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The problem as I see it is that nowhere does it state that you'll loose the remainder of your free subscription once you subscribe. Like I posted earlier it was Arlo that started sending me things to subscribe before the trial ended.

Even though I feel as though I was taken advantage of maybe someone else will see this and wait till the end of their free trial to subscribe.

dcfox1
Master
Master

My trial expired the 19th but I subscribed two days early just so not to lose anything. It knocked 2 of 4 cams off when trial ended but I put them back it was fine. 

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@dcfox1 

Mine works as it did before, that's not an issue. It just seems that If they send you something to get you to subscribe that they would at least wait till your trial ends before the new subscription starts. Now 2 weeks is not a big deal but like I stated, I feel that myself and everyone that has done this was taken advantage of. No where does it state that once paid your free trial will end. And as for the comment by James that you can have both a paid subscription and a trial for the same cameras at once total bs. Why would you need two subscriptions for the same thing?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@K80Shooter   Yea I knew that it would start the day I subscribed. Not saying it should be that way. I had pro2 that were returned on the trial and not active anymore but at the end of trial I got charged for a plan I did cancel it but only got back the unused portion. Also saw people who forgot to sign up and lost recordings when trial expired so not sure which way it works so thats why I signed up 2 days before. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation