Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rick098
Follower
Follower

I’m new to Arlo pro 3. Before I bought this I assumed I would see someone approaching my door before they rang the doorbell, but it’s not even close. A person could ring the doorbell and leave long before I am notified. To speed things up is there anyway I could stay logged in or at least not have to log in?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rick098,

You will remain logged in on the mobile app unless you explicitly log out or force close the app. As long as the app is running, you will receive push notifications.

JamesC

dscoti
Guide
Guide

Nope. You don't stay logged in. When the phone goes to sleep, the app closes and requires login. This is totally wrong. That's why I can't answer doorbell ringing with video in a timely manner. It's why I don't see people coming up my sidewalk to the door. My wife was added as a user and accepted, but her app is always logged out. Yes, I know she's logged as I do it for her and she doesn't know how to log out.

Arlo cameras are good. Arlo Video doorbell sucks. Arlo software and UI sucks. Cannot wait for a better system. Just sorry I wasted my money on this setup.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation