Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Wolfewl
Star
Star

On the Home Screen in the app there are small icons under the camera(s) that represent battery life, Wi-Fi signal, sound detection enabled, and motion detection enabled. 

On 3 of my 5 cameras the sound detection enabled and motion detection enabled are greyed out as if they are disabled, but, they are not. 

I'm a long time user and this issue just started. I just discovered The only way I can get them to display correctly is getting into the supports chat and then backing out to the Home Screen again and they indicate correctly. Once the camera is turned off and back on or the app is closed and opened again the issue is back. 

Any ideas?  It may seem trivial, but when I look at the Home Screen I to know what's enabled and seeing it shows disabled (even though it's not) is causing me to worry. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wolfewl
Star
Star

Issue seems to be resolved with the latest update/version, 4.9 (6942).

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

iOS or Android? Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app? Try the web client (my.arlo.com) to see if it's any different.

Wolfewl
Star
Star

- iOS

- I had rebooted the phone.  No change.

- I just deleted the app and reinstalled.  No change.

- If I go to Support (Setting in the App), select a device, submit an issue, then  back out to the home/device screen they do show correctly.

- Yes, they do display correctly in the web client.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My guess is that it's an iOS app issue. @JamesC or @ShayneS ?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can I get the current iOS version you are currently using?

Also, which cameras that you are seeing this behavior on?

Wolfewl
Star
Star

iOS 16.6.1

Cameras with the issue:

• Driveway
  • Living Room
  • The Boyz
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Wolfewl
Star
Star

Arlo Tech Support.  The worst tech support I have ever experienced.

Wolfewl
Star
Star

Issue seems to be resolved with the latest update/version, 4.9 (6942).

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation