Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Nizab
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can anybody help me how to control the sensitivity on my pro 3 I get +100 recordings on sound a day

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you want/need audio detection for your cameras? If not, go into your modes and edit the rules to turn off audio detection while leaving motion detection on.

Nizab
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice, if it would be possible just to lower the sensitivity and still keep the noise detection on, it is the wind that courses the problem, I have pro 2 with no problems but pro 3 is giving me problems

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Different hardware/firmware so I wouldn't compare too much. WHat is your audio detection setting right now? Have you tried lowering it?

Nizab
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can only find mic on or off, but

not where I can set sensitivity, any advice ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The sensitivity settings depends on which user interface (UI) you're using - the old one uses Library to view recordings while the new one uses Feed.

For the old UI, you need to edit your modes and rules:

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

For the new UI, edit the camera settings in Default Mode Settings.

Nizab
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks a lot for the advise, I did turn down the sensitivity to 1 and I did help but for this one camera it still detectes to much noice. I have tried to move the camera to where one of my other cameras are with no problems, still the same it looks like the pro 3 is just to sensitive.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nizab wrote:

Thanks a lot for the advise, I did turn down the sensitivity to 1 and I did help but for this one camera it still detectes to much noice. I have tried to move the camera to where one of my other cameras are with no problems, still the same it looks like the pro 3 is just to sensitive.

FWIW, I find there is too much street and wind noise for audio detection to work properly for me (with any camera model).  So I just keep it disabled.

Wind is tricky, since the wind itself will move the diaphram on the mic (so not just the sound the wind makes).

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation