Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solar panel and low temperature

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tillgra
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought 2 solar panels for my Arlo Pro 3 cameras but they wont charge. The info on the box of the solar panels says operating temperature: -10 to 50 degrees Celsius. Its now 0 degrees Celsius outside and I get an error message that it is to cold to use the solar panels.
So is the info on the box incorrect (about operating temperature) or what is wrong?
20211228_133920.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The panels can work at lower temps but the camera and battery have a limitation of 0C to protect the battery.

Tillgra
Aspirant
Aspirant
The only thing the Arlo solar panels could do is charging an Arlo-unit so the information on the box is misleading
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tillgra wrote:

So is the info on the box incorrect (about operating temperature) or what is wrong?

There is a discrepancy between what is on the box and what the KB article says:

The Arlo Solar Panel’s operating temperature range is 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C).

https://kb.arlo.com/000051490/How-do-I-keep-my-Arlo-batteries-charged-in-cold-weather

Tillgra
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, and I am dissapointed because I trusted Arlo and the info on the box. I live in a cold country but -10 would work and that was the info on the box. Now I realize that the solar panels are useless and have to return them to the store.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the ambient temps always below 0C? The panels will charge when it gets above that so can still be useful.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation