Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Levanterman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I dont own an Arlo yet, but I have a lot of automation in my house , 100+ devices connected to Samsung Smartthings.

In Smartthings you can create Automations and has the option to send images (from a Smartthings connected camera). 

Do any of the Arlo cameras support this , and you can obtain an image (jpg) from the camera?

Do you supply an Arlo Smartthings Device Handler for your devices?

Regards

Nige. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mdterps
Apprentice
Apprentice
For image capture under the smartthings automations, the Arlo cameras do not show up as an available camera to select.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Levanterman,

Some Arlo devices support SmartThings integration. For more information on supported devices and how to set this up, take a look here: How do I integrate my Arlo cameras into the Samsung SmartThings app?

JamesC

Levanterman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James

Unfortunately this does not answer the question.

Yes they can be integrated with Smartthings, that much is already documented, my question is are the captured images accessible to Smartthings & their Device Handlers?

Ring Cameras can be described 'they integrate with Smartthings' but you cannot access the images, which ambiguous description as the captured images cannot be accessed.

Regards

Nige.

Mdterps
Apprentice
Apprentice
For image capture under the smartthings automations, the Arlo cameras do not show up as an available camera to select.
Levanterman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very helpful, thanks so much for replying.

I wont be purchasing Arlo's , very limiting. 

Thanks again for responding and confirming.

Regards

Nige,

Mdterps
Apprentice
Apprentice
No problem. For video capture from smartthings, my Arlo’s work great. I am able to use door sensor triggers or smartthings motion sensor triggers to record video and this has been very reliable for my system. I am also able to do this easily through IFTTT for the newer ultra and video doorbell that don’t yet integrate with smartthings. Just wanted to pass that along. It would be nice though to have the ability to generate image captures for certain events.
Levanterman
Aspirant
Aspirant

aha thats interesting about the video, I have a Ring door/cameras and although they work perfectly and do 'integrate' with smartthings and alexa seamlessly, they are very limited in terms of what you can access.

Interesting about the video you mention, is the video capture file accessible to smartthings or does that stay within Arlo?

I do use IFTTT but try to avoid it, its sometimes laggy and also random triggers occur .

For the ultra door bell might be worth asking the question on https://community.smartthings.com/ someone might have written a device handler for it?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation