Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Single Camera Stops Recording

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KyleK
Guide
Guide
I’m having an issue with a single camera that stops picking up motion, and stops recording.

On a typical day, I will have hundreds of events which save in the cloud. My smart alerts are set up to only tell me if there’s a person detected. But regularly, I’ll realize when logging in that a single camera went an entire day without capturing a single event! I’ve tried restarting the base station but that didn’t help. I’ve found that the only way to get it to work again is to disarm all my cameras for a moment or two, and then arm them all again. It will start to work again, but then a week later it happens again. It’s as if the single camera itself was disarmed. And of course, it’s the one camera that would be most useful if something happened. Very frustrating!
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KyleK,

You could try swapping a camera that is behaving without any issues with the location of the problematic camera. This will help isolate if there is an issue with that specific camera or it's location.

JamesC

KyleK
Guide
Guide
Thanks, I took your advice and switched them out. It hasn’t been long, and it’s already happened again.
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have one doing the exact same thing. I always switch to live view and it starts back working when I switch it back I did have one instance last week where live view wouldn't connect on that camera and disarming and rearming took care of it. For me it happens every 3 or 4 days.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KyleK,

If the issue follows the camera, I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation