Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
PS22
Tutor
Tutor

I have the Pro 3 set up and cameras trigger and record as expected.  I am now setting up the AC1001 chime and I  want to hear the various sounds that are possible.  When I go to Mode and click on Armed, Edit a rule, select the Chime and click on Play Melody, then click on What melody do you want to play - a list of melody options is displayed with an arrow button to the right of each option.  I assume that I should be able to click on each of those buttons and the associated melody should play so that I can hear what that melody is.  Nothing happens when I click on the button.  I have to select each sound and then trigger the rule (by triggering the camera associated with the rule) and most times nothing happens so my second question is; are some of the displayed options not available with my set up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@PS22,

You should hear the sound on your phone and not the chime. Doing it in Modes and Rules will allow you to hear it on the chime, but check the volume on your phone and let us know the type of phone and software used. (Example: Apple iPhone 8 with software version: xxxxx).

Brian

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can test the various chime sounds in the doorbell settings, not modes and rules.

PS22
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for responding but I don't use a doorbell.  I use the chime to give me an audible alarm triggered by movement.  Any other ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just checked on bot the web and Android app. When I choose to play a sound on the chime, I can see the list of available sounds with a "play" arrow on the right. That allows me to hear what each sound is.

PS22
Tutor
Tutor

The only way that I can see a list of melodies is to proceed as I described in the original post: "When I go to Mode and click on Armed, Edit a rule, select the Chime and click on Play Melody, then click on What melody do you want to play - a list of melody options is displayed with an arrow button to the right of each option. I assume that I should be able to click on each of those buttons and the associated melody should play so that I can hear what that melody is. Nothing happens when I click on the button. "

Are you able to see a list and play each chime using a different method?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@PS22 wrote:

The only way that I can see a list of melodies is to proceed as I described in the original post: "When I go to Mode and click on Armed, Edit a rule, select the Chime and click on Play Melody, then click on What melody do you want to play - a list of melody options is displayed with an arrow button to the right of each option. I assume that I should be able to click on each of those buttons and the associated melody should play so that I can hear what that melody is. Nothing happens when I click on the button. "

It works here:

• Mode
  • Edit rule If motion on... [pick a device]
  • If the following
    • Detects motion
  • Then do the following
    • Chime
    • Play melody
    • Melody
    • Take your pick

Have you added the chime to the devices that get triggered by whichever device you want to test?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
PS22
Tutor
Tutor
I believe that what you describe is the same as what I do. However, when I click on the play button, nothing happens. The only way I can find out what a particular sound (Traditional 1, traditional 2, etc) will actually sound like, is to select that sound and save the edit of the mode and then go and trigger the camera. The chime then plays whatever sound I have selected. This all works fine except it is SO SO SO inconvenient. I repeat, it is inconvenient. Thanks for responding anyway.
brh
Master
Master

@PS22,

You should hear the sound on your phone and not the chime. Doing it in Modes and Rules will allow you to hear it on the chime, but check the volume on your phone and let us know the type of phone and software used. (Example: Apple iPhone 8 with software version: xxxxx).

Brian

PS22
Tutor
Tutor

That resolved it.  I use an iPad and had the volume turned off.  I can now hear the test tones when I click on the 'play' button

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation