Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motionpro3 detects but no notification or recording

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Hideyo
Aspirant
Aspirant
the camera detects motion (light came on), but no notification or no recording - this is happening about 50% of the incidents today. You can see live view. What’s going on ?
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a Smart subscription? If the motion detected isn't one you've got selected it won't be posted to the library but would be on local storage.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@jguerdat . I Get recordings to the cloud  library that I have switched off like motion but no notifications. . JamesC verified this  is how it it works in other post. Are you not seeing them in cloud? Edit: I dont get them outside activity zones. 

brh
Master
Master

@dcfox1,

If motion is detected, the recordings will be sent to the cloud. If you have a subscription and you have set the rules in your Armed or Custom modes to send notifications, you should get Smart Notifications unless you have de-selected that particular type. So, if I understand you correctly, you will get cloud recordings but no Smart Notifications for Motion if you have de-selected Motion. You should get Smart Notifications for every type you have selected.

None of my cameras are powered, so I am not sure about Activity Zones.

Brian

dcfox1
Master
Master

Yes for selected notifications I get notification and the recording. For unselected like "all other motion" I do not get notification but do get a recording marked "motion".

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation