Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sent friend request to existing account but they never received invite email.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
idatum
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used Grant Access to send a friend invite to my parents. Their email is valid, there is nothing in "junk" folder, and that email address is already associated with an Arlo account. They never received an email invite. They also do not see a shared camera.

More info:

- I had previously given that email and account access, but after a move to a different house, I temporarily removed access.

- The same account allows me to view their shared cameras.

I feel there possibly is an issue with re-friending someone?

Thanks for your help,

Joel

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is the email provider for your parents? Is it still the same as before? BY "temporarily  removed access" do you mean you deleted their account in Grant Access?

idatum
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's comcast.net. They used that email account to create an Arlo account and is the same as before.

I used Delete Friend under Grant Access to remove the account. After trying to grant access again, it is stuck at Pending. They can't see my shared cameras in Shared Devices.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@idatum wrote:

It's comcast.net. They used that email account to create an Arlo account and is the same as before.

I used Delete Friend under Grant Access to remove the account. After trying to grant access again, it is stuck at Pending. They can't see my shared cameras in Shared Devices.

They need to get the email invite and accept it.  Until you can sort that out, they won't be able to access the cameras.

If they are open to getting a gmail address for the account, then you could try sending them an invite to the gmail address.  If that works, they could then delete the comcast account. 

Another option is to contact Comcast.  My understanding is that they now block amazonses (amazon simple email service) by default.  Arlo emails are sent via amazonses.com  But Comcast should be able to unblock it for your parents account.  

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation