Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Goatman
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I just upgraded to the pro 3 from the original. The original cameras actually still work but the IR filter was stuck on the one and I figured it was time to upgrade. Since I have gotten the pro 3’s i’ve had nothing but issues. Every day I’m having to turn the cameras off reboot the hub along with researching online. Trying to do all of this with everything that’s going on in the world right now makes my head want to pop. This was my biggest fear, apparently the new and improved cameras are not as good as the old ones. Right now I’m kicking myself in the ass for sticking with Arlo as I have recommended it to several people in the past. I’m hoping there is some sort of resolution here but I’m at a loss. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Goatman,

Can you provide some more details? What specific issue are you experiencing that is requiring you to reboot the SmartHub?

JamesC

Goatman
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I apologize if I didn’t set this up correctly as I’m new here but In the subject line I put my main concern which is some of my recordings are not showing up in my library. I’m having this problem with two of my cameras specifically. I did test them manually and by walking in front of them. Sometimes they show up in the library sometimes they do not. There is no filters set and they seem to show up if I test them shortly after rebooting but after a few hours I’m in the same boat again. It’s ridiculous I can see the camera was triggered on the device screen but I can’t view why. I was very impressed with what I call the first gen cameras so I finally upgraded, buying the whole new setup as I couldn’t use my original hub. I’m not here to vent, complain or bash people but I’m very disappointed in my recent upgrade. I really hope a solution is available but I’m losing hope after reading some of the stuff on here along with reading the better business bureau complaints. Hopefully that clears some things up.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Goatman,

If the issue only occurs on 2 cameras specifically, it could be an issue with where those cameras are located. Poor signal strength can often result in what you're experiencing. Try isolating the issue further by swapping the location of a camera that is behaving as expected to the location of the camera that is behaving poorly. If you experience the same issue with the newly added camera you may need to try moving your SmartHub closer to that location to improve signal strength.

JamesC

aabdelbaqi
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here, Arlo used to be a good option and especially being able to record locally no need to have a plan for your subscription. Now its different and it really is not a good option where I will have to return my new camera and get a refund for the amount to buy a new system.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

aabdelbaqi,

Do you have a subscription plan for the recently added Pro 3 camera? Arlo Pro 3 requires a subscription to Arlo Smart for recordings to be saved in the library.

JamesC

aabdelbaqi
Tutor
Tutor

No, and that is what I understood from support team.

This information was not shared before buying the new camera. And this is weird since the old system was working fine with no subscription. Its not a good approach to force customers to buy a subscription plan to get the essential job of a security camera.

Also, most of the reviews on Arlo's FaceBook page shows that alot of customers are complaining of the same issue.

Goatman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Let me first start off by saying I do appreciate your input however the cameras are in the same EXACT location as my first gen cameras, that had NO issues. I understand the pro 3 is way more advanced but all of my cameras are within 20 feet of my base. I have double checked my internet connection and have done everything I care to do. I will be returning my Arlo pro 3 kit as soon as my stores open back up. I’ll take the hit on the Arlo accessories I purchased but I will be moving on from this. Life is to short to be going back and fourth on this issue. Thank you again.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation