Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Orange23
Aspirant
Aspirant
For some reason SOMETIMES my system will just stop giving me push notifications. HOWEVER, notifications are turned on. Don not disturb is NOT on. But hours before it was doing fine. I’ve restarted and turned off each device. Not sure how to get this bug fixed. It’s recording but not giving push notifications. I absolutely cannot figure out why!!! Any chance anyone can help?
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Orange23,

Are you using any custom functionality in your modes? (custom modes/rules, schedule, geofencing, etc.) If so, does the same behavior occur when using the default, "Armed" mode?

JamesC

Orange23
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Orange23,

I've not been able to replicate any issues receiving push notifications. If you're still experiencing this issue, I recommend contacting the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Orange23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well of course you haven’t.. anyways... during the meantime of not getting notifications which DO NOT MARK THIS AS SOLVED!!! I downloaded HomeKit and I highly suggest this for all arlo iPhone users in the event your arlo stops sending push notifications AT LEAST HomeKit will notify you.
Con of HomeKit: only sends “motion” notifications when you are home and doesn’t classify any movement other than “motion”. I even set up emails when arlo smart fails again when I’m away from home.

Also the following week of arlo not sending push notifications it’s mysteriously fixed itself but I will not be trusting of arlos push notifications as this has happened twice now and I’ve only had arlo for a month...

Conclusion: don’t fully trust arlo smart but when this thing works I do love it. But not reliable. Must use HomeKit as well and receive double the alerts.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation