Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Record and snapshot icons do not appear on live feed.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Phoney49
Luminary
Luminary
I have a new 2 camera Pro 3 system. I use version 2.9.2 of the app on Android.
When viewing a live feed, I do NOT see an icon for Snapshot or Record. According to the manual they should be there. I have done a factory reset on the base and set up the system again, but still no icons. How can I record a live feed??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Phoney49,

If you have local 2K streaming enabled in your camera settings, your live streams will be in 2K resolution when your mobile device is on the same network as your cameras. Manual recordings cannot be made in 2K with Arlo Pro 3. To record your stream, you would need to disable local 2K streaming or connect to a different network with your mobile device (turn off wifi and connect to mobile data).

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Phoney49,

If you have local 2K streaming enabled in your camera settings, your live streams will be in 2K resolution when your mobile device is on the same network as your cameras. Manual recordings cannot be made in 2K with Arlo Pro 3. To record your stream, you would need to disable local 2K streaming or connect to a different network with your mobile device (turn off wifi and connect to mobile data).

JamesC

Phoney49
Luminary
Luminary
Thanks for the quick response. I understand.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation