Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rob6300
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had 3 Pro 3 cameras for about 5 months now.  I got the subscription service after the 3 month trial period so that I could keep the smart notification features.  I have my notifications set on all three cameras to People only and those are the only notifications I was receiving.  All 3 cameras are powered by solar panels and the batteries are always at least 85% charge, but usually in the high 90's.  For the last 2 weeks, I am getting notifications any time there is motion in the camera's field of view, regardless if it's a person, a vehicle, or anything else.  When I logged on to the computer instead of my phone, I see an error message on all three cameras that says "AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled".  This is happening even when the system is showing that the cameras are currently charging.  Without the activity zones and smart notifications, the subscription service is worthless to me (and the cameras become nearly worthless as well for my purposes).  There were no issues with solar charging before this so what happened?  If I can't sleep through a night without notifications waking me up all night, these cameras are worthless.  Anyone have any ideas beyond resetting smart hub and removing/reinstalling the cameras from the system?

2 REPLIES 2
Rob6300
Aspirant
Aspirant

Additional info...I have searched the community regarding the 'AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled" error.  All the conversations say "Solved" and the advise is basically to turn off all activity zones so you don't get notifications all the time.  So the solution is disable features of the camera...kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent update was deployed to the Arlo cloud that should address the accuracy of Activity Zones. This should improve accuracy by more reliably sending notifications only when motion occurs within defined zones. More work is being done to improve the behavior of Arlo Smart notifications and to fix the Activity Zones error that some users are seeing when not using an AC adapter (battery only). Stay tuned for future updates.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation