Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Your Arlo device has been disconnected from the mains. Activity zones are currently disab

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JRMueller
Tutor
Tutor

I got two Arlo Pro 3 sets with two cams and one smart hub each.

After three month of trouble free experience I get an error message from one cam saying:

<<your arlo device has been disconnected from the mains. activity zones are currently disabled>>

However looking at the desktop of my Windows computer 10 and my iPad or iPhone the Arlo system give me different cams being affected. Furthermore all cams are connecteted either to the power adapter or to the solar panel.

Anybody else having this issue and how to fix it?

Contacting the community as Arlo is not reachable by eMail service...

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

After 3 months the trial runs out and your choice is to subscribe to a plan or not. Smart is part of the plan needed for zones to work. I guess I'm not 100% sure if using AC power gives you zones without a plan on the newer (>Pro 2) cameras. Note that the solar panel is just a trickle charger and will not give you features that AC power will.

JRMueller
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I have already signed in to a Smart plan so this shouldn't be an issue...

brucepi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got off the phone with Arlo US support regarding this issue. The only way to get activity zones to work is by using the power adapter/cable they sell in the store.  According to the support guy, no smart features will work  on battery power without a subscription plan.

JRMueller
Tutor
Tutor

As already said I'm on a Smart subscription plan...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This could be hard to track down since different devices give you different displays. I would start by checking the Smart Notifications section of Settings to verify what cameras are activated. Maybe deactivate and then activate again.  Removing and resyncing may also help. WOrst case, a full system reset may be needed.

7Andersons
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is exactly what we are having. Yesterday was the first day of our paid plan. Started then. I don't get notifications anymore because I chose soft notifications and now they are silent. We are ready to take this mess back.
7Andersons
Aspirant
Aspirant
How did you get support? We can't find any way to contact them.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

7Andersons,

You can contact support through the methods listed here: Arlo Support Center

The development team is currently investigating reports of this error. I will provide an update when more information is available.

JamesC

brucepi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I called a # listed in the "contact us" section on their website. 408 638 3750 in the US.(I think).

brucepi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now one of my cameras is constantly going offline with my local storage. I can't wait to spend time with them trying to get this fixed. It's like these things are designed to brick if you don't commit to the monthly subscription.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent update was deployed to the Arlo cloud that should address the accuracy of Activity Zones. This should improve accuracy by more reliably sending notifications only when motion occurs within defined zones. More work is being done to improve the behavior of Arlo Smart notifications and to fix the Activity Zones error that some users are seeing when not using an AC adapter (battery only). Stay tuned for future updates.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation