Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Question regarding Arlo pro 3 2k

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
maxikensega29
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.

I am having trouble finding info regarding offline storage functions.

If i were to buy a 3 pack of arlo pro 3 2k cameras and a basestation. Will i be able to use all app related functions, movement activated cameras with notifications etc without paying a subscription? As long as i have local storage set up.

And will the app be able to play what i have on my local storage to my phone via the app, just like the old regular 7 day free cloud storage that Arlo for some reason removed.

I am not interested in a subscription and went for arlo simply because they offered 7 day free storage. Now when that is no longer i wonder if i can use the cameras in the same way but with local storage.

Thanks for answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Camera features available w/o a subscription (ignoring local storage) are described here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-trial-ends

As far as local storage goes, there are some limitations:

• recordings are only available on the app (not my.arlo.com)
  • recordings are only available using the primary account (not friend accounts)
  • you cannot make a manual recording or snapshot 
  • there are no thumbnails - recordings need to be downloaded to view.
  • remote access requires either port forwarding or a VPN to be enabled in your router - many find that difficult.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Camera features available w/o a subscription (ignoring local storage) are described here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-trial-ends

As far as local storage goes, there are some limitations:

• recordings are only available on the app (not my.arlo.com)
  • recordings are only available using the primary account (not friend accounts)
  • you cannot make a manual recording or snapshot 
  • there are no thumbnails - recordings need to be downloaded to view.
  • remote access requires either port forwarding or a VPN to be enabled in your router - many find that difficult.
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation