Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Purchasing Questions - System Configuration

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EMB369
Follower
Follower

Not where to post this. I'm looking to design an Arlo system for my home. General requirements:

• Ability to monitor areas in woods
    • Within this, we have bear(s) that come onto our property and want an alert and ability to trigger an alarm
  • Ability to monitor areas in yard
    • Within this, we have folks that wander onto our property and want an alert so we can monitor for vandalism
  • Ability to monitor areas in or around the house
    • More for security at this point
  • Don't require 4K

I have a Netgear Orbi Mesh Network up that blankets the property to support whatever I end up with.

Not sure whether to go with the Pro 4 or Pro 3 as the main camera for outdoor work. Assume that I'll need a hub, additional batteries, and for those in the woods, I'm going to get a wrap so they aren't so noticeable. 

Is there a good resource on designing a system? I'm getting lost in all the options!

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

I have a set up like you want, woods and lawn and have the Pro3 and are happy with it. There is not a pro4 but the Ultra is 4K, Pro3 is 2K and Pro2 is 1080P. There are older models that are cheaper. They have a spotlight on Ultra and Pro3 and now a floodlight with Pro3. You may have already but in the product page will detail features and free subscription trial for each camera. The Pro 2 and older still have 7 day free cloud storage. They connect to Hub so your wifi has nothing to do with the connection though the new Essential that is 1080P can connect to wifi. It comes down to what features you want and cost. The Ultra and Pro3 are essentially the same with features except resolution and price. 

tony_2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any arlo with a spotlight will be beneficial, especially in the woods with no lighting.  Just ensure there is a power source as the batteries will drain quickly.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@EMB369 

I correct myself there is a Pro 4 coming out in 2K and also can connect to wifi  Seems like newer version of Pro3 with the direct wifi connection. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation