Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problems with my Arlo Pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Studio228
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I’ve recently purchased the Arlo Pro 3 kit with four wireless cameras after someone attempted to break into my new home. I’m having a lot of problems with them and am looking for some more suggestions. First off the load time to stream a camera is usually around 1-2 minutes while at home or away (Via Arlos app and worse on HomeKit). I also have problems with launching the app to the video feeds showing a red message saying something about devices being offline(this will also randomly happen when watching a video stream). I always have to relaunch the app for it to start working again. It’s really annoying to buy such a expensive camera sit up for so many problems. I’ve tried all kinds of suggestions online to fix my problems, but nothing has seemed to work. Also my house has very few devices connected to the internet, and I have a download off 200 mbps and 25 mbps upload on bad days. So I don’t see any reason why they are doing this. I also have the hub plugged directly into the router, and the cameras have full bars of signal to it. What am I supposed to do? Hoped when someone’s at my doors that they wait until the hub is found again? Another small question is how to get the personal, animal, and car notifications to work? I have them on but all I get is a “motion detection” notification. Another small note is that I believe all cameras are up to date and same goes with the hub(Cameras: 1.060.10.18_749_4b65ff8, and Hub: 1.16.3.4_707_c289687)
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like a signal strength/quality issue. House construction is a frequent problem as are things like distance between the camera and hub, objects in/on walls in the straightline path between camera and hub, nearby wireless devices causing interference, etc. I'd start by bringing one camera closer to the hub and see whether things get better for that camera. If not all cameras have the issue, swap them around to help determine if it's the camera or location that's the issue.

Studio228
Aspirant
Aspirant
Didn’t work. Also they have full bars where they are at. But I still put it right next to the hub and same thing. It’s really weird
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat happens if you disconnect them from Homekit?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation