Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Nzirl2022
Follower
Follower
Issue with clip not going into library.
When came a is active and motion is detected I get a notification for person detected but the clip does not get saved to the library.
I’ve done a lot of the recommendations that are on some threads (remove it, turn off and back on base station, reset zones, checked my camera subscription) all other camera are fine.
Please help
9 REPLIES 9
Dannybear
Master
Master
Has your free trial or subscription run out?
EmJr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having a similar problem. When I view my local recordings in the app it looks like nothing has been recorded since May 8th, and when I plug the USB drive into my laptop every folder is empty.  (That last bit confuses me, because when I plug it back into the hub and use the app there are definitely recorded videos before the 8th, so I'm not sure why I can't see anything on my laptop.)

• Android app.
  • Pro3 and Essential cameras.
  • I am not using Activity Zones.
  • The cameras are armed and have triggers enabled.
  • I have not changed any camera or wifi settings recently.
  • I can stream live video. 
  • I am using local storage only - no subscription.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@EmJr wrote:

When I view my local recordings in the app it looks like nothing has been recorded since May 8th, and when I plug the USB drive into my laptop every folder is empty.  (That last bit confuses me, because when I plug it back into the hub and use the app there are definitely recorded videos before the 8th, so I'm not sure why I can't see anything on my laptop.)

FWIW, the last bit confuses me also.  Without a subscription, the videos need to be on that drive someplace - there's no other place for them to be.

@EmJr wrote:

I'm having a similar problem. When I view my local recordings in the app it looks like nothing has been recorded since May 8th,

• Android app.
  • Pro3 and Essential cameras.
  • I am not using Activity Zones.
  • The cameras are armed and have triggers enabled.
  • I have not changed any camera or wifi settings recently.
  • I can stream live video. 
  • I am using local storage only - no subscription.

Are you still getting notifications?

Also, have you tried restarting the smarthub?

Rocketdog13
Apprentice
Apprentice

What's so "super" about you superusers when the stock answer is always have you rebooted the base station?

How about this, don't answer unless you actually have a solid usable solution?

You lot talk like there are not a multitude of issues with these garbage cameras, I've spent over £1200 to get delayed response to potential trespassers walking AWAY from my property after having been in my garden but the cameras taking so long to trigger and notify that they could have pitched a tent and had a nap in my garden by the time I find out.

Seriously, in any other field of endeavour is a company performed this badly with their product they wouldn't last and I suspect that with Arlo it's a case of the subscription plans keeping you afloat. The sad fact is that the cameras are very good hardware, but the software and implementation is so bad as to consider amateurish at best and negligent at worst.

Why are you bothering to give responses that amount to zero actual technical help?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rocketdog13 wrote:

Why are you bothering to give responses that amount to zero actual technical help?

Why are you trolling a 3-month old thread?

Rocketdog13
Apprentice
Apprentice

Because it's still a problem 3 months later, which is no real surprise to anyone who actually bought these garbage cameras based on promises not delivered, maybe run along and find solutions for people instead of giving them useless advice as usual.

Dannybear
Master
Master
@Rocketsog13,

If you have a technical issue you require help with then try contacting one of the arlo moderators here on the forum or private message them, @JamesC or @ShayneS.

Regards assistance from superusers, they are long time customers who take the time to assist other customers, especially those with no access to arlo support with the aim of getting them going again.

They have no access or control over arlo so they are not the ones deserving criticism IMHO.
Rocketdog13
Apprentice
Apprentice

Aye ok.

If someone is on here asking for help it's because they aren't getting it from the utterly useless technical team.

Oh yes, also, how can someone have "no access to Arlo support" if they're on here asking for help?, you need to have an account and login for starters.

The comedy writes itself.

Rocketdog13
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here check this out, bottom right corner is my dog reacting to someone entering my property, and bottom left is my crap camera not connecting again so I can't see what's happening.

My wife or one of my kids could literally be getting attacked in our driveway and I wouldn't be able to see it and react.

I actually hope someone gets injured and help isn't available because the Arlo camera failed and then Arlo gets sued big time.

This only happens with the web portals, I can see the cameras fine on the app but there is such a massive time delay pushing images via the mobile network that any footage is virtually useless by the time it arrives.

If anyone from Arlo is reading this by god you had better get your act together, and soon.

Rocketdog13_0-1660836852852.png

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation