Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 records everything.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jcamp
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Pro 3 alerts me on every single movement. When the wind blows the shadows on the driveway triggers an alert on the camera. When a car goes by even though it is set for people it triggers an alarm. I even get a motion alert when a bird flys by. I have sensitivity set for 1%. Makes no difference. All settings are the same as I had for my Pro 2. Arlo support is no help after 5 calls. This is the second Pro 3 camera I have had in a week. Happens with both of them but all my Pro 2’s work fine.  When I don’t even have the camera showing the road a car triggers it. I am at my wits end. Returned one camera to Amazon 2 days ago. Looks like I will have to return this also. I also bought a new hub for the Pro 3.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you know to adjust the sensitivity in the mode and not in the test area since you have a couple of pro twos... just making sure.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jcamp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes sir. Actually have 5 Pro 2’s

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jcamp,

Do you have audio triggering enabled within the rules or is the camera only set to trigger on motion?

JamesC

Jcamp
Apprentice
Apprentice

No I do not have audio enabled. I have tried animal, person and vehicles. It doesn’t make a difference. If I set it for animal every car that goes by sets it off. I am not even pointing towards the road, just my driveway. As I said above when a shadow on the ground moves it triggers the camera.

Jcamp
Apprentice
Apprentice

James

As for the question you asked about being plugged in. I have done some tests today and completely removed power from my Pro 3. When doing this the camera works as it is supposed to. It has only been about 6 hours but as of now it is working fine. This sort of defeats the purpose of plugging in where I can continuously monitor my driveway camera. We had no sun today so I will have to wait for a shadow to see if it triggers with shadow on my driveway. Thank you for your help but still would like to keep it powered at all times.

MADMIKEMIKE
Guide
Guide
not just you man. When you set it to human only you should get human only......but nope. Tons of people are having this issue for months now Arlo today said they know of this issue......still no fix though it seems.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo recently deployed a cloud update enhancing Activity Zone accuracy. This should improve the experience for users reporting symptoms of motion detection alerts and recordings occurring outside of their defined Activity Zones. We are continuing to monitor Activity Zone behavior and will provide additional enhancements in the coming weeks.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation