Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting notifications on motion outside activity zones

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ladjunk
Follower
Follower

I have a camera (wireless) with activity zones set up, and a monthly subscription on it.

I keep getting motion notifications on movement outside of the activity zones. I tried to shrink the activity zones but this didn't help.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I double checked this camera is on the subscription.

3 REPLIES 3
Pslb170
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anyone know how to stop recordings when a motion area is set up and you don’t want recordings. I live on a busy street and the camera is recording every car that drives by even with zones set up that don’t include the road. I’m not being notified but it’s still recording
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@ladjunk  & @Pslb170 

Arlo has been having lots of problems with the activity zones on the Pro 3. Basically right now they do not work as intended. The only thing I can tell you is to contact Arlo or open a support case. 

@Pslb170 

You can try turning the camera in another direction to cut down on the activity. I know this is not what you want but right now that's about the only option with the pro 3. I have the same problem other than my street is over 120ft from my house. Early morning and night is when I have the most problems with this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo recently deployed a cloud update enhancing Activity Zone accuracy. This should improve the experience for users reporting symptoms of motion detection alerts and recordings occurring outside of their defined Activity Zones. We are continuing to monitor Activity Zone behavior and will provide additional enhancements in the coming weeks.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation