Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pss3757
Initiate
Initiate
If I have a vmb4540 hub.....with two - pro3 cams and two - pro2 cams....will I still get the free cloud recordings for the pro 2 cams ??
I have the pro 2 system now, wanting to upgrade to a mix of pro 2/3 using the pro 3 4540 hub?

Any thoughts? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The use of any camera of the Pro 2 or lower still gets the free 7 day plan. The Pro 3 would require a subscription if you want cloud recordings but you could also use local storage on the base if you don't want to pay for that. The VMB4540 allows you to use the app the select local storage to see what's recorded (which will also have the Pro 2 recordings). The catch is that you have to use a VPN or use port forwarding if you want to view the recordings when not at home.

Pss3757
Initiate
Initiate
I kinda understand what your saying.
Just to clarify. I have two pro-2 on regular hub now. Want to get pro-3 system with vmb4540 hub.
Plan is to Get rid of regular hub, and add the pro-2 cams to the pro-3 system. Just want to make sure I will still get free cloak recording / access to the pro-2 video footage. ??
So you’re saying the free cloud subscription is based upon the cameras...not the hub that you are using?

And assume I need to deactivate the pro-2s before adding to the pro-3 system?

Thanks for any advice/ suggestions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices before adding the new hub and cameras. That way there's no issue with setting things up and cleans things up in your account. Be sure to note settings, modes, rules, etc. before doing this so you can easily put them back into place when setting up the new system,.

The Pro 2 cameras will still be seen as being on the free plan - nothing needs to be done for that to happen. The base or hub has nothing to do with this.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation