Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 has spotty motion detection. Not picking up activity.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Newuserr
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have been using the cameras (4 of them) for a little over a month now. Just in the past few days the cameras (not always the same ones) will have hours of not picking up any activity. This could be understandable but we have cameras that overlap location and one camera will pick up something but the other doesn’t have anything (as it would have in the pst).. it’s really spotty, like hours at a time. I’m getting frustrated, we’ve made no changes to any of the setting from when they were working perfectly.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would ask what are your sense levels in the mode??

I usu run at about 90-92% and have good response to triggers.  The trick is to raise it up and then lower a max of 1-2% with testing in between.  This gets you to a point where many false triggers are eliminated and good real triggers to motion.

Remember that the cameras max out to 25 ft for people, so try not to cover a larger area than the cameras can pick up.

As a PS.. recently for an unknown reason, the settings on my 4000 base went back to defaults, so I had to reset them.

Also, I also have a copy of Armed mode called Weather.... when windy days / storms come along I use that mode which has lowered sense levels.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Newuserr
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t think it’s the sensitivity, it has something to do with the connection to the hub because when I restart the hub it will work again. We have four cameras around our house so naturally one is going to be a little further from the hub as the others.. but this isn’t the only one having the issues. I just checked my cameras and one (near the hub) stopped recording at 6pm last night and another (further from hub) stopped at 2:30am this morning .. no recordings since those times. And there is been a lot of activity (kids playing etc.). Getting frustrated as they worked wonderfully the first month or so..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would recommend taking the pain and resetting the whole system to start fresh. Remove all devices from Setting, My Devices, claim the base and sync the cameras. Be sure to note all settings, modes, rules and schedule before doing this to speed rebuilding. That should clear out any weirdnesses.

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

I tried that and it doesn't help.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation