Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detected but No Recording in Library

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

I know there has been a number of discussions on this previously, but it has been over three weeks since I reported this issue to Arlo Support with no reply (and have done all troubleshooting methods that Support has asked). Now looking to see if any members out there may have a potential solution, or bring awareness of this issue. I am currently a Arlo Pro 3 user with Paid Monthly Subscription.

Issues I'm experiencing:

- Motion is detected, notification is sent, but when I go to the library nothing appears (one of the biggest issues)

I had read that some users turned off Smart Notifications and it helped, but for me, it only lasted about a day and the issue came back.

- Motion is not detected despite walking by the camera

- Motion is detected but no notification/no library recording

A quick note, this happens about 50% of time. In other words, 50% of the time, my cameras record normally, and then the other 50% of the time I experience of or more of the issues above.

One of my cameras is set to 80% sensitivity whereas, all the others are set to 90-100% sensitivity levels.

I have had the Arlo Pro 3 before, and am on a paid subscription. All my settings are set properly, and I have rebooted the base, reset cameras, deleted/re-added them and essentially everything Support asked but no solution. I'm getting a bit frustrated because it's been over 3 weeks and I haven't gotten any fixes (for the cost of the cameras/monthly subscription, I think it's unacceptable for the service I'm receiving). I feel that it is a Cloud based issue, as I didn't have issues 3 weeks before this and also that I have done all the troubleshooting I can on my end, but am not getting the help I need.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kaynadian,

I've requested another update on your open support ticket. An agent should be reaching out to you shortly. If you do not hear back within 48 hours, please reach out to me in a private message.

JamesC

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation