Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
KKobes
Guide
Guide

Just bought the Pro 3 today & I can’t seem to get the Pro 3 to even show in the HomeKit app or in the Arlo HomeKit section of the Arlo app. I’ve removed my Arlo from HomeKit 2x, removed batteries, restarted router, restarted Arlo BaseStation, but the Pro 3 never shows up even when going back through the HomeKit setup via the Arlo app, all my other cameras connect just fine. Is this a known issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HomeKit support for Arlo Pro 3 cameras is now available for the following Base Stations/SmartHubs: VMB4000, VMB4540, VMB4500, VMB5000

Please make sure your Base Station/SmartHub is updated with the latest available firmware version and you should now be able to setup your Pro 3 camera with HomeKit.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Right now it's just the Pro and Pro 2s when paired with the VMB4000 and VMB4500 base stations that support HomeKit.   My guess would be when Arlo releases HomeKit for the Ultras, the Pro 3 will also get support.   

KKobes
Guide
Guide
I appreciate the response that’s what I was thinking but couldn’t find no information on the status of HomeKit availability on the Pro 3 with my base.
adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Acutally, if you have the VMB4000 or VMB4500 base station already, you can connect the Pro 3 to that as it's backwards compatible.  You might then be able to add the camera to HomeKit.  

KKobes
Guide
Guide
I have the VMB4000r3. My Pro 2 & 2 other Pro cameras connect to HomeKit just fine. Pro 3 is connected as well but no option for HomeKit, it doesn’t show when I go to HomeKit under the Arlo Base. Tried resetting everything to no avail. I assume your first response was correct or they just need to fix the issue. Arlo even brought up the screen where it asks to add new cameras to HomeKit, searches, and nothing shows up for the Pro 3.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HomeKit support for Arlo Pro 3 cameras is now available for the following Base Stations/SmartHubs: VMB4000, VMB4540, VMB4500, VMB5000

Please make sure your Base Station/SmartHub is updated with the latest available firmware version and you should now be able to setup your Pro 3 camera with HomeKit.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation